Newport, RI – At a press conference and community gathering this morning at Empire Tea & Coffee on Bellevue Avenue, The Newport County Chamber of Commerce reminded residents to THINK LOCAL and SHOP SMALL in advance of Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and their 2018 Holidays by the Sea initiative.
Holidays by the Sea will begin on Small Business, Saturday, November 24, and run through December 31st. Participating retailers will be offering special discounts that will be featured in an online guide hosted on the Chamber’s website.
The goal of Holidays by the Sea is simple; encourage people to shop, stay, dine and explore locally this holiday season. All merchants, Chamber members and non-members alike, are encouraged to participate.
Erin Donovan-Boyle, Executive Director, Newport County Chamber of Commerce, Harry Winthrop, Mayor of Newport, and Mark Hayward, RI District Director of the U.S. Small Business Administration, were among those who spoke at this morning’s event.
For more information on Holidays By The Sea, visit https://www.newportchamber.com/holidays-by-the-sea.
More From What’s Up Newp
- What Sold: 29 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 3 - 10)
- Obituary: Timothy Howard Jackson
- HGTV Dream Home in Portsmouth hits the market, can now be yours for $2.39 million
- Now Hiring: 130+ businesses hiring right now in the Newport area
- List: States with travel restrictions upon entry to Rhode Island