Newport, RI – Here’s a look at what’s happening in and around Newport today.
- Today –Rain, mainly after 4 pm. High near 54. East wind 8 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Tonight – Rain, mainly before 1 am. Patchy fog. Low around 50. East wind 6 to 11 mph becoming north after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Today –E winds 5 to 10 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Waves 2 to 3 ft. Rain this afternoon.
- Tonight – NE winds 5 to 10 kt. Gusts up to 20 kt in the evening. Waves around 3 ft. Patchy fog. Rain in the evening. Vsby 1 nm or less.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 53.1 °F
Sun, Moon, Tide:
- The sun rose in Newport at 6:23 am and sunset will be at 4:35 pm.
- The first high tide was at 5:33 am and the next high tide will be at 5:57 pm. The first low tide will be at 11:36 am and the next low tide at 11:36 pm.
- Today we have 10 hours and 12 minutes of sun. The solar transit will be at 11:29 am.
- The lunar phase is a Waning Crescent. Moon age is 27 days, lighting is 9%.
Cruise Ship Schedule
- Monday, Nov. 5 – Seven Seas Navigator (Capacity: 490 passengers)
Things To Do
- All Day – Newport Restaurant Week returns to Newport & Bristol Counties
- 4:45 pm & 7:30 pm – Beautiful Boy at Jane Pickens Theater
- 5:30 pm – Brick Market Book Club at Museum of Newport History
Looking For More Things To Do?
- What’s Up: Things to do in and around Newport this week (Oct. 30 – Nov. 5)
- What’s Up: Live music and entertainment in and around Newport this week (Oct. 30 – Nov. 5)
- Visit – What’sUpNewp’s Events Calendar
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13