Newport, RI – Here’s your weather forecast and a look at things to do on this beautiful fall Sunday.
- Today –Sunny, with a high near 52. Northwest wind 5 to 9 mph becoming calm in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
- Tonight – Increasing clouds, with a low around 40. Calm wind becoming east 5 to 7 mph in the evening.
- Today –NW winds 5 to 10 kt with gusts up to 20 kt, diminishing to around 5 kt this afternoon. Waves around 3 ft.
- Tonight – NE winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves around 3 ft.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 53.1 °F
Sun, Moon, Tide:
- The sun rose in Newport at 6:21 am and sunset will be at 4:36 pm.
- The first high tide was at 4:39 am and the next high tide will be at 5:05 pm. The first low tide will be at 10:50 am and the next low tide at 11:05 pm.
- Today we have 10 hours and 15 minutes of sun. The solar transit will be at 11:28 am.
- The lunar phase is a Waning Crescent. Moon age is 26 days, lighting is 16%.
Cruise Ship Schedule
- Sunday, Nov. 4 – Silver Spirit (Capacity: 540 passengers)
- Monday, Nov. 5 – Seven Seas Navigator (Capacity: 490 passengers)
Things To Do
- All Day – Newport Restaurant Week returns to Newport & Bristol Counties
- 8 am – Free Guided Bird Walk at Norman Bird Sanctuary
- 11 am – Sylvia at Newport Playhouse & Cabaret Restaurant
- 1 pm – Weekend Music Series ft. Yacht Club Rejects at Newport Vineyards
- 2 pm – Fall Community Barn Dance at St. Michael’s Country Day School
- 2 pm, 4:45 pm, & 7:30 pm – Beautiful Boy at Jane Pickens Theater
Looking For More Things To Do?
- What’s Up: Things to do in and around Newport this week (Oct. 30 – Nov. 5)
- What’s Up: Live music and entertainment in and around Newport this week (Oct. 30 – Nov. 5)
- Visit – What’sUpNewp’s Events Calendar
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island on Wednesday
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits
- Pell Bridge to transition to all-electronic tolling on October 27
- The Reef set to host inaugural Savor Newport Wine and Food Fest
- RI Hospitality Association’s 18th Annual Economic Outlook Breakfast predicts continued recovery in 2022
- Obituary: Peter J. O’Connell
- Concert Recap and Photos: George Thorogood at Indian Ranch (September 19, 2021)
- Obituary: Arthur Bennett Shattuck