Newport, RI – Here’s a look at the weather and things to do for Newport today.
- Flood Advisory in effect from November 3, 05:59 AM EDT until November 3, 09:00 AM EDT
- Wind Advisory in effect from November 3, 12:00 PM EDT until November 3, 07:00 PM EDT
- Hazardous Weather Outlook
- Today –Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 1pm, then isolated showers between 1pm and 2pm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Areas of fog before noon. Temperature falling to around 55 by 5pm. Breezy, with a south wind 17 to 24 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Tonight – Clear, with a low around 41. West wind 11 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph.
- Gale Warning in effect from 11 am EDT this morning through this evening
- Today –S winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 35 kt, becoming W 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 50 kt this afternoon. Waves 8 to 9 ft. Rain. Isolated tstms this morning. Some tstms may produce heavy rainfall this morning with vsby 1 nm or less.
- Tonight – W winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 35 kt, diminishing to 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 25 kt after midnight. Waves around 8 ft, subsiding to 3 ft after midnight. At the Bay entrance, waves around 10 ft, subsiding to 8 ft after midnight.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 55.0°F
Sun, Moon, Tide:
- The sun rose inNewport at7:20amand sunset will be at5:37pm.
- The firsthigh tidewas at4:38amand the nexthigh tidewill be at5:07pm. The firstlow tidewill be at10:56am and the nextlow tideat11:31pm.
- Today we have10 hours and 17 minutesof sun. The solar transit will be at12:28pm.
- The lunar phase is a Waning Crescent. Moon age is 25 days, lighting is 25%.
Cruise Ship Schedule
- Sunday, Nov. 4 – Silver Spirit (Capacity: 540 passengers)
- Monday, Nov. 5 – Seven Seas Navigator (Capacity: 490 passengers)
Things To Do
- All Day –Newport Restaurant Week returns to Newport & Bristol Counties
- 9 am to 1 pm –Middletown Aquidneck Growers’ Marketat Newport Vineyards
- 10 am –Adult Education – Photographing Architecture & Interiors with Your iPhonewith The Preservation Society of Newport County
- 10:30 am –Books – Rising Dispatches from the New American Shoreat Isaac Bell House
- 1 pm –Songwriting Workshop with Mark Erelliat Casino Theatre
- 1 pm –Weekend Music Series ft. Dave Alves at Newport Vineyards
- 2 pm, 4:45 pm, & 7:30 pm –Beautiful Boyat Jane Pickens Theater
- 6 pm –Universal Promise Music and Dance Fundraiserat Easton’s Beach Rotunda Ballroom
- 6 pm –Sylviaat Newport Playhouse & Cabaret Restaurant
- 6:15 pm –Fall Concertat Portsmouth Abbey School
- 8 pm – Live improv comedy withThe Bit Playersat The Firehouse Theater
- 8 pm –2nd Annual Fall Moon Festivalat Casino Theater
Looking For More Things To Do?