Newport, RI – Here’s a look at the weather and things to do for Newport today.
- Flood Advisory in effect from November 3, 05:59 AM EDT until November 3, 09:00 AM EDT
- Wind Advisory in effect from November 3, 12:00 PM EDT until November 3, 07:00 PM EDT
- Hazardous Weather Outlook
- Today –Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 1pm, then isolated showers between 1pm and 2pm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Areas of fog before noon. Temperature falling to around 55 by 5pm. Breezy, with a south wind 17 to 24 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Tonight – Clear, with a low around 41. West wind 11 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph.
- Gale Warning in effect from 11 am EDT this morning through this evening
- Today –S winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 35 kt, becoming W 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 50 kt this afternoon. Waves 8 to 9 ft. Rain. Isolated tstms this morning. Some tstms may produce heavy rainfall this morning with vsby 1 nm or less.
- Tonight – W winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 35 kt, diminishing to 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 25 kt after midnight. Waves around 8 ft, subsiding to 3 ft after midnight. At the Bay entrance, waves around 10 ft, subsiding to 8 ft after midnight.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 55.0 °F
Sun, Moon, Tide:
- The sun rose in Newport at 7:20 am and sunset will be at 5:37 pm.
- The first high tide was at 4:38 am and the next high tide will be at 5:07 pm. The first low tide will be at 10:56 am and the next low tide at 11:31 pm.
- Today we have 10 hours and 17 minutes of sun. The solar transit will be at 12:28 pm.
- The lunar phase is a Waning Crescent. Moon age is 25 days, lighting is 25%.
Cruise Ship Schedule
- Sunday, Nov. 4 – Silver Spirit (Capacity: 540 passengers)
- Monday, Nov. 5 – Seven Seas Navigator (Capacity: 490 passengers)
Things To Do
- All Day – Newport Restaurant Week returns to Newport & Bristol Counties
- 9 am to 1 pm – Middletown Aquidneck Growers’ Market at Newport Vineyards
- 10 am – Adult Education – Photographing Architecture & Interiors with Your iPhone with The Preservation Society of Newport County
- 10:30 am – Books – Rising Dispatches from the New American Shore at Isaac Bell House
- 1 pm – Songwriting Workshop with Mark Erelli at Casino Theatre
- 1 pm – Weekend Music Series ft. Dave Alves at Newport Vineyards
- 2 pm, 4:45 pm, & 7:30 pm – Beautiful Boy at Jane Pickens Theater
- 6 pm – Universal Promise Music and Dance Fundraiser at Easton’s Beach Rotunda Ballroom
- 6 pm – Sylvia at Newport Playhouse & Cabaret Restaurant
- 6:15 pm – Fall Concert at Portsmouth Abbey School
- 8 pm – Live improv comedy with The Bit Players at The Firehouse Theater
- 8 pm – 2nd Annual Fall Moon Festival at Casino Theater
Looking For More Things To Do?
- What’s Up: Things to do in and around Newport this week (Oct. 30 – Nov. 5)
- What’s Up: Live music and entertainment in and around Newport this week (Oct. 30 – Nov. 5)
- Visit – What’sUpNewp’s Events Calendar