Newport, RI – Here’s what’s happening, new, and to do out there on this Small Business Saturday in and around Newport.
- Today – Partly sunny, with a high near 49. Southwest wind 9 to 11 mph becoming southeast in the afternoon.
- Tonight – Rain, mainly after 10pm. The rain could be heavy at times. Patchy fog after midnight. Low around 45. Breezy, with an east wind 13 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Today –S winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves around 2 ft.
- Tonight –E winds 10 to 15 kt, increasing to 15 to 20 kt after midnight. Gusts up to 30 kt. Waves 2 to 3 ft. Rain. Vsby 1 nm or less.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 42.1F
Sun, Moon, Tide:
- The sun rose in Newport at 6:45 am and sunset will be at 4:19 pm.
- The first low tide was at 1:04 am and the next low tide will be at 2:03 pm. The first high tide will be at 8:03 am and the next high tide at 8:32 pm.
- Today we have 9 hours and 34 minutes of sun. The solar transit will be at 11:32 am.
- The lunar phase is a Waning Gibbous. Moon age is 16 days, lighting is 99%.
Calendar Of Events & Things To Do
- 9 am to 1 pm – Middletown Aquidneck Growers’ Market at Newport Vineyards
- 10 am – Family Hike Series! Sachuest Point Nation Wildlife Refuge
- 1 pm – Weekend Music Series ft. The Bucks Band at Newport Vineyards
- 1 pm & 2 pm – Newport Seal Watch Tour
- 2 pm, 4:45 pm, & 7:30 pm – Can You Ever Forgive Me at Jane Pickens Theater
- 4 pm to 8 pm – Gastros Craft Meats at Ragged Island Brewing
- 4 pm – The Newport Nutcracker at Rosecliff
- 4 pm to 8 pm – Fourth Annual Tree Lighting at Duris Studios
- 5 pm – NAB Alumni & Families Reconnect at Rosecliff
- 5:30 pm to 8 pm – Lighting of the Lighthouse at Gurney’s Newport Resort & Marina
- 6 pm – A Doublewide Texas Christmas at Newport Playhouse & Cabaret Restaurant
- 8 pm – Live improv comedy with The Bit Players at The Firehouse Theater
- What’s Up: Things to do in and around Newport this week (Nov. 20 – 26)
- What’s Up: Live music and entertainment listings (Nov. 20 – 26 )
- Visit – What’sUpNewp’s Events Calendar
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport
- On This Day In History – September 21 – 22, 1963: Video of President John F. Kennedy and family at Hammersmith Farm
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits