Newport, RI – Happy Friday! Hope you’ll enjoyed a happy and safe Thanksgiving, here’s what’s happening, new, and to do out there in and around Newport today.
- Today – Sunny, with a high near 33. North wind 6 to 9 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon.
- Tonight – Increasing clouds, with a low around 27. West wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Today –NNW wind 5 to 8 kt becoming SW in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight –WSW wind 6 to 8 kt. Increasing clouds. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 44.1F
Sun, Moon, Tide:
- The sun rose in Newport at 6:44 am and sunset will be at 4:20 pm.
- The first low tide was at 12:20 am and the next low tide will be at 1:18 pm. The first high tide was at 7:17 am and the next high tide will be at 7:43 pm.
- The lunar phase is a Full Moon. Moon age is 14 days, lighting is 100%.
Calendar Of Events & Things To Do
- Bowen’s Block Party
- 2 pm, 4:45 pm, & 7:30 pm – Can You Ever Forgive Me at Jane Pickens Theater
- 4 pm – The Newport Nutcracker at Rosecliff
- 4 pm – Holiday Lantern Tour at Newport Historical Society
- 4 pm – Diegos at Ragged Island Brewing
- 4:30 pm – Alzheimer’s Association Early Stage Support Group at Newport Hospital
- 6:15 pm – Newport Harbor Illuminated Boat Parade!
- 6 pm – A Doublewide Texas Christmas at Newport Playhouse & Cabaret Restaurant
- 8 pm – Live improv comedy with The Bit Players at The Firehouse Theater
- What’s Up: Things to do in and around Newport this week (Nov. 20 – 26)
- What’s Up: Live music and entertainment listings (Nov. 20 – 26 )
- Visit – What’sUpNewp’s Events Calendar
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)