Newport, RI – Here’s what’s up, happening, new, and to do on this Thanksgiving Eve.
- Today – A slight chance of showers after 4 pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 43. West wind 8 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tonight – A slight chance of showers before 7 pm. Mostly clear, with a low around 17. Blustery, with a northwest wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Small Craft Advisory in effect from noon EST today through this evening
- Gale watch in effect from this evening through Thursday evening
- Today –W winds 5 to 10 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Waves around 2 ft.
- Tonight –W winds 10 to 15 kt. Gusts up to 20 kt, increasing to 30 kt in the afternoon. Waves 2 to 4 ft.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 45.0F
Sun, Moon, Tide:
- The sun will rise in Newport at 6:42 am and sunset will be at 4:21 pm.
- The first high tide will be at 5:49 am and the next high tide at 6:11 pm. The first low tide will be at 11:51 am and the next low tide at 11:40 pm.
- The lunar phase is a Waxing Gibbous. Moon age is 12 days, lighting is 94%.
Calendar Of Events & Things To Do
- 9:30 am – Watercolor Techniques at Portsmouth Arts Guild
- 10 am – Pre-K Fall Story & Stroll at Norman Bird Sanctuary
- 2 pm, 4:45 pm, & 7:30 pm – Can You Ever Forgive Me at Jane Pickens Theater
- 5 pm to 9 pm – Flight Night Wednesdays at Brix
- 5 pm – Taproom Tunes Weekly Music Series ft. Leslie & Matt at Newport Vineyards
- 5:30 pm – Newport City Council-Elect Caucus Meeting
- 5:30 pm – City of Newport Hospitality Commission meeting
Looking For More Things To Do?
- What’s Up: Things to do in and around Newport this week (Nov. 20 – 26)
- What’s Up: Live music and entertainment listings (Nov. 20 – 26 )
- Visit – What’sUpNewp’s Events Calendar
The Latest From WUN
- Irish immigrant women in domestic service topic of upcoming lecture
- Foiling Kiteboarder slashes 1 minute and 14 seconds off Around Jamestown Record
- Living History Event brings re-enactors, spectators to Butts Hill Fort
- Opinion: Portsmouth voters must reject Question 2
- Grammy-Nominated Artist Leigh Nash playing Club Passim Tuesday, November 2