Newport, RI – Here’s what’s happening, new, and to do on this Saturday, enjoy the day!
- Today – Sunny, with a high near 47. West wind around 11 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
- Tonight – Mostly clear, with a low around 34. West wind around 9 mph.
- Hazardous Weather Outlook
- Small Craft Advisory in effect from November 17, 09:00 AM EST until November 17, 04:00 PM EST
- Today –W wind around 10 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight –WNW wind around 8 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 50.0F
Sun, Moon, Tide:
- The sun rose in Newport at 6:37 am and sunset will be at 4:24 pm.
- The first high tide was at 2:37 am and the next high tide will be at 2:54 pm. The first low tide will be at 8:46 am and the next low tide at 9:08 pm.
- Today we have 9 hours and 47 minutes of sun. The solar transit will be at 11:30 am.
- The lunar phase is a Waxing Gibbous. Moon age is 9 days, lighting is 62%.
Things To Do
- Christmas at the Newport Mansions returns on November 17th
- 9 am to 12 pm – AARP Shred Fest at Edward King House
- 10 am to 4 pm – Artist & Maker POP UP Shop! at Hibernian Hall
- 11 am – Newport Seal Watch & Harbor Tours with Save The Bay
- 12:30 pm to 4 pm – Dancing for Dawn at Elks Club
- 1 pm – Weekend Music Series ft. EBO at Newport Vineyards
- 2 pm – Redcoats at the Redwood: A 1778 Living History 1778 Event at Redwood Library
- 2 pm – Explore The Magic: A Harry Potter Event at Barnes & Noble Middletown
- 2 pm, 4:45 pm, & 7:30 pm – Can You Ever Forgive Me at Jane Pickens Theater
- 4 pm – Is Life Worth Living? with John Kaagat Channing Memorial Church
- 4:30 pm – November Owl Prowl – SOLD OUTat Norman Bird Sanctuary
- 6 pm – Sylvia at Newport Playhouse & Cabaret Restaurant
- 7 pm – Portsmouth High Production of Tartuffe at Portsmouth High School
- 8 pm – Live improv comedy with The Bit Players at The Firehouse Theater
Looking For More Things To Do?
- What’s Up: Things to do in and around Newport this week (Nov. 13 – 19)
- What’s Up: Live music and entertainment listings (Nov. 13 – 19)
- Visit – What’sUpNewp’s Events Calendar
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Get Lost! “Six Picks” Corn Mazes in Newport County and Beyond
- Gamm Theatre launches fellowship program for emerging artists
- Just Sold: The 25 homes sold in Newport County this past week
- Gubernatorial candidate Treasurer Seth Magaziner joins What’sUpNewp for a live virtual conversation on Wednesday
- On This Day – September 22, 1962: President Kennedy and Jacqueline watch 4th America’s Cup Race off the Coast of Newport
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21