Newport, RI – Happy Friday! Here’s what’s happening in and around Newport today.
- Hazardous Weather Outlook
- Wind Advisory until November 16, 10:00 AM EST
- Today – Rain likely, mainly before 8am. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 51. Breezy, with an east wind 13 to 22 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Tonight – Mostly clear, with a low around 38. West wind 13 to 16 mph.
- Gale Warning in effect until 9 am EST this morning
- Today –E winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 45 kt. Waves 2 to 3 ft, except 6 to 9 ft at the Bay entrance. Rain. Vsby 1 nm or less.
- Tonight –N winds 15 to 20 kt, becoming NW 10 to 15 kt in the afternoon. Gusts up to 30 kt. Waves 2 to 3 ft, except 6 to 9 ft at the Bay entrance. Rain likely. Vsby 1 to 3 nm.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 50.0F
Sun, Moon, Tide:
- The sun will rise in Newport at 6:36 am and sunset will be at 4:24 pm.
- The first high tide was at 1:46 am and the next high tide will be at 2:03 pm. The first low tide will be at 7:29 am and the next low tide at 8:20 pm.
- Today we will have 9 hours and 48 minutes of sun. The solar transit will be at 11:30 am.
- The lunar phase is a First Quarter Moon. Moon age is 8 days, lighting is 53%.
Things To Do
- 8:15 am – Admissions Open House at St. Michael’s Country Day School
- 9:30 am – Holidays By The Sea Community Gathering & Press Conference at Empire Tea & Coffee (Bellevue)
- 2 pm, 4:45 pm, & 7:30 pm – Can You Ever Forgive Me at Jane Pickens Theater
- 5 pm – Indigo + black : hosted by Kings Lens & Friends
- 6 pm – Sylvia at Newport Playhouse & Cabaret Restaurant
- 6 pm – Mo-Porsche with the Newport Men of Movember at Audrain Auto Musuem
- 6 pm – Opening Reception Guild Holiday Art Show at Portsmouth Arts Guild
- 7 pm – Portsmouth High Production of Tartuffe at Portsmouth High School
- 8 pm – Live improv comedy with The Bit Players at The Firehouse Theater
Looking For More Things To Do?
- What’s Up: Things to do in and around Newport this week (Nov. 13 – 19)
- What’s Up: Live music and entertainment listings (Nov. 13 – 19)
- Visit – What’sUpNewp’s Events Calendar