Newport, RI – Here’s what’s up for the day ahead in and around Newport.
- Today – Sunny, with a high near 39. Northwest wind 14 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph.
- Tonight – Mostly clear, with a low around 26. North wind 9 to 13 mph.
- Small Craft Advisory in effect through this afternoon
- Today –NW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Waves around 3 ft.
- Tonight –N winds 5 to 10 kt. Gusts up to 20 kt in the evening. Waves 2 to 3 ft.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 50.0F
Sun, Moon, Tide:
- The sun rose in Newport at 6:34 am and sunset will be at 4:26 pm.
- The first high tide was at 12:09 am and the next high tide will be at 12:28 pm. The first low tide was at 5:02 am and the next low tide will be at 6:02 pm.
- Today we have 9 hours and 52 minutes of sun. The solar transit will be at 11:30 am.
- The lunar phase is a Waxing Crescent. Moon age is 6 days, lighting is 34%.
Things To Do
- 9:30 am – Watercolor Techniques at Portsmouth Arts Guild
- 10 am – Autumn Nature Mural at Redwood Library
- 11 am – Sylvia at Newport Playhouse & Cabaret Restaurant
- 3 pm – Beautiful Boy at Jane Pickens Theater
- 4 pm – City of Newport Historic Cemetery Advisory Commission
- 4:30 pm – Nonprofit Leaders Series: Trends in Philanthropy at Rough Point
- 5 pm – Taproot + Tunes Weekly Music Series ft. The Teledynes at Newport Vineyards
- 6 pm – Rhode Island Animal Advocacy & Legislative Forum (Free) at Potter League
- 6:30 pm – City of Newport City Council Meeting
- 6:30 pm – City of Newport Waterfront Commission
- 7 pm – Movie Night at Newport Car Museum
- 7:30 pm – Warren Miller’s Face of Winter at Jane Pickens Theater
Looking For More Things To Do?
- What’s Up: Things to do in and around Newport this week (Nov. 13 – 19)
- What’s Up: Live music and entertainment listings (Nov. 13 – 19)
- Visit – What’sUpNewp’s Events Calendar
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)