Newport, RI – Here’s what’s happening out there on this Tuesday, November 13th.
- Today –Rain, mainly before 1pm. The rain could be heavy at times. Patchy fog before 2pm. High near 55. Southeast wind 14 to 17 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.
- Tonight – Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 33. Northwest wind 14 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph.
- Small Craft Advisory in effect through late tonight
- Today –Se winds 10 to 15 kt, becoming W this afternoon. Gusts up to 25 kt. Waves 5 to 6 ft. Rain, mainly this morning. Patchy fog this morning with vsby 1 to 3 nm.
- Tonight –NW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Waves around 3 ft, except up to 6 ft at the Bay entrance.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 50.0F
Sun, Moon, Tide:
- The sun rose in Newport at 6:32 am and sunset will be at 4:27 pm.
- The first low tide was at 4:11 am and the next low tide will be at 5:02 pm. The only high tide of the day will be at 11:40 am.
- Today we have 9 hours and 55 minutes of sun. The solar transit will be at 11:29 am.
- The lunar phase is a Waxing Crescent. Moon age is 5 days, lighting is 26%.
Things To Do
- 9 am – Printmaking without A Press at Portsmouth Arts Guild
- 11 am – Sylvia at Newport Playhouse & Cabaret Restaurant
- 1 pm – City of Newport School Committee/City Council Liaison Subcommittee
- 4:30 pm – Aquidneck Island Chess Club – First Meeting! at Newport Public Library
- 4:45 pm – Beautiful Boy at Jane Pickens Theater
- 6 pm – Women’s Discovery Book Group at St. Mary’s Episcopal Church
- 6 pm – Ocean Science Speaker Series at Newport Public Library
- 6 pm – Tuck ‘N Taste: Studio Barre Class + Wine Tasting at Newport Vineyards
- 6:30 pm – Rare book expert/Antiques Road Show appraiser Kenneth Gloss at Portsmouth Public Library
- 7 pm – With US and Against US- How America’s Partners Help and Hinder at Pell Center
- 7:30 pm – Tea With The Dames at Jane Pickens Theater
Looking For More Things To Do?
- Visit – What’sUpNewp’s Events Calendar
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Motels Rock the Odeum (September 16, 2021)
- 4th Annual Cardines Classic featuring Army versus Navy rescheduled to October 1