Newport, RI – Here’s what’s up for this Veterans Day in and around Newport.
- Today –Increasing clouds, with a high near 51. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 8 mph in the afternoon.
- Tonight – Rain, mainly after 1am. Low around 45. Southeast wind 6 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Small Craft Advisory from late tonight through late Tuesday night
- Today –W winds around 5 kt, becoming SW this afternoon. Waves 1 foot or less, then around 2 ft this afternoon.
- Tonight –S winds 5 to 10 kt, becoming se 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 25 kt after midnight. Waves 3 to 4 ft. A chance of rain in the evening, then rain after midnight with vsby 1 to 3 nm.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 48.0F
Sun, Moon, Tide:
- The sun rose in Newport at 6:31 am and sunset will be at 4:28 pm.
- The first low tide was at 3:26 am and the next low tide will be at 4:15 pm. The first high tide will be at 10:52 am and the next high tide at 11:19 pm.
- The lunar phase is a Waxing Crescent. Moon age is 4 days, lighting is 18%.
Things To Do
- 11 am – There will be a Veterans Day ceremony on the front lawn of Newport City Hall.
- 1 pm – 3:30 pm – Miantonomi Park tower will be open for free tours on Veterans Day
- 3 pm – Newport Seal Watch Tour with Save The Bay
- 4:45 pm – Beautiful Boy at Jane Pickens Theater
- 6 pm – Seamen’s Annual Meeting at Seamen’s Church Institute
- 7:30 pm – Free Solo at Jane Pickens Theater
Looking For More Things To Do?
- What’s Up: Things to do in and around Newport this week (Nov. 6 – 12)
- What’s Up: Live music and entertainment in and around Newport this week (Nov. 7 – 12)
- Visit – What’sUpNewp’s Events Calendar