Newport, RI – The City of Newport has announced that they will close a small section of the Cliff Walk for approximately one week in the vicinity of Seaview Avenue. The City anticipates approximately 100 feet of the Cliff Walk at Seaview Avenue being closed as WPC crews perform drainage improvements and install a new concrete walking. In addition to the section of the Cliff Walk closure, the access to the Cliff Walk at Seaview Ave. will be closed for four (4) weeks during the improvements.
The Department of Utilities Water Pollution Control Division (WPC) will begin work on Tuesday, November 27, 2018, on the Cliff Walk adjacent to Seaview Avenue. This section of the Cliff Walk will be closed 24-hours a day starting Tuesday, November 27, 2018, at 7:00 am through November 30, 2018, at 4 pm.
The access to the Cliff Walk from Seaview Avenue will be closed 24-hours a day starting Tuesday, November 27, 2018, at 7:00 am through December 21, 2018, at 4 pm.
Pedestrians will be allowed to utilize Narragansett Avenue and Memorial Boulevard for access to the Cliff Walk. With the exception of the work area at Seaview Avenue, the Cliff Walk will remain open and may be accessed directly from Memorial Boulevard and Narragansett Avenue.
The Latest From WUN
- Bowzer’s Rock ‘N’ Doo-Wop Party 20th Anniversary coming to Mohegan Sun Jan. 16
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “Dune”
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Minks rock Askew (October 21, 2021)
- New behavioral health pharmacy in EBCAP to serve those with mental health and addiction issues
- Newport Art Museum to present “Newport: The City as a Work of Art” lecture series with John R. Tschirch