“RITBA sincerely apologizes for the inconvenience caused during Tuesday evening’s rush hour,” a press release making the announcement stated.
The work involves completing the final stage of the concrete safety walk renovations on the north side of the bridge. This work has been ongoing during the 2018 construction season and involved the demolition of the original walkway, the repair of the existing rebar embedded in the concrete, and the pouring of a new concrete walkway.
The Latest From WUN
- Newport woman is first-ever female to win Citizens Pell Bridge Run
- What’s Up This Week: Heart & Sole Walk for Animals, Full Moon Bike ride, The Exorcist, & more
- Newport Garden Club to host a talk by ‘The Seedhuntress’
- Changing seasons, changing exhibits at Little Compton Historical Society
- ‘Rock The Mansion’ raises more than $150,000 for Newport Mental Health