“RITBA sincerely apologizes for the inconvenience caused during Tuesday evening’s rush hour,” a press release making the announcement stated.
The work involves completing the final stage of the concrete safety walk renovations on the north side of the bridge. This work has been ongoing during the 2018 construction season and involved the demolition of the original walkway, the repair of the existing rebar embedded in the concrete, and the pouring of a new concrete walkway.
More From What’s Up Newp
- HGTV Dream Home in Portsmouth hits the market, can now be yours for $2.39 million
- Plant City X opening a location in Warwick
- The Reef officially opens with a fresh, new look; new menu; and a new director of culinary development
- Obituary: Gunnar Clinton Bjornson
- 'Ocean View' on Bellevue Avenue hits the market for $18.85 million