Providence, RI – When the holiday season is upon us the musical talents of Rhode Island school musicians are showcased as part of a musical celebration of the holidays in the Rhode Island State House.
“We’re pleased to be continuing this holiday tradition of student performances at the Rhode Island State House,” said Randall Rosenbaum, Executive Director of the Rhode Island State Council on the Arts in a recent press release announcing the series. “Over 3,300 student musicians from fifty-nine schools throughout the state will perform at the Rhode Island State House in a special series of musical performances.” The concert series starts on Tuesday, November 27th and runs through Friday, December 21st.
All concerts are free and open to the public.
The concert series, organized by the Rhode Island State Council on the Arts, will feature the music of the season, performed by students from schools throughout the State of Rhode Island. The performances are all in the Rhode Island State House.
2018 Holiday Concerts flyer featuring all of the concerts in chronological order.
For more information, visit https://risca.online/.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)