Newport, RI – The Arts and Cultural Alliance of Newport County’s monthly networking event, Arts Around the Fire, will be at Salvation Café on Tuesday, November 13th from 6-8pm at the Post & Beam room at 140 Broadway in Newport.
The Alliance’s guest will be Tuni Schartner, the new Director of Entrepreneurship and Innovation at Innovate Newport, based at the Sheffield School. As the co-founder and director of The Hive RI, a co-working space and community-based art gallery founded in 2013 in North Kingstown, Schartner is committed to the cross-pollination of the arts and business, believing this to be an integral component in supporting innovation.
Arts Around the Fire is an opportunity for artists, writers, performers, and audiences to engage with colleagues about events affecting the cultural community and learn about new ideas and good work being done. Arts Around the Fire features a cash bar, complimentary hors-d’oeuvres donated by Salvation Café and an informal atmosphere where artists and art lovers can connect.
The Alliance thanks Salvation Café for their hospitality. Sign up for an artists membership or become a supporting member of the Alliance, a coalition of individuals and non-profits committed to the advancement of arts and culture in Newport County. Please join us, free, utterly informal, no reservations needed. Info at www.newportarts.org.
More From What’s Up Newp
- Aquidneck Land Trust awards 13 grants to local community, neighborhood groups through Merritt Neighborhood Fund
- Newport Polo’s 20th annual charity gala will benefit Jeffrey Osborne Foundation
- Preservation Society of Newport County receives prestigious award from Garden Club of America
- What’s Up This Weekend in Newport County: May 14 – 16
- Beavertail Lighthouse, Watch Hill Lighthouse are being given away for free