Newport, RI – Happy Halloween! Here’s all that’s happening, new, and to do out there on this last day of October!
- Today – Sunny, with a high near 57. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 8 to 13 mph in the morning.
- Tonight – Mostly cloudy, with a low around 55. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.
- Today –W winds around 5 kt, becoming S 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 25 kt this afternoon. Waves around 2 ft, building to 4 ft this afternoon.
- Tonight – SW winds 10 to 15 kt, diminishing to 5 to 10 kt after midnight. Gusts up to 25 kt. Waves around 6 ft.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 51.1 °F
Sun, Moon, Tide:
- The sun rose in Newport at 7:17 am and sunset will be at 5:41 pm.
- The first high tide was at 1:31 am and the next high tide will be at 1:55 pm. The first low tide was at 6:32 am and the next low tide will be at 8:44 pm.
- Today we have 10 hours and 24 minutes of sun. The solar transit will be at 12:29 pm.
- The lunar phase is a Waning Gibbous. Moon age is 21 days, lighting is 59%.
Cruise Ship Schedule
- Sunday, Nov. 4 – Siver Spirit (Capacity: 540 passengers)
- Monday, Nov. 5 – Seven Seas Navigator (Capacity: 490 passengers)
Things To Do
- 9:30 am – Watercolor techniques with Lynn at Portsmouth Arts Guild
- 11 am – Sylvia at Newport Playhouse & Cabaret Restaurant
- 3 pm – Trunk or Treat Monster Mash Party at Naval Station Newport
- 4:45 pm & 7:30 pm – The Old Man & The Gun at Jane Pickens Theater
- 5 pm – Roam Around Rough Point: Halloween Edition at Doris Duke’s Rough Point
- 5:30 pm – 2018 Fall Life of the Mind Salon Series features General Ambrose Burnside at Redwood Library
- 6 pm – Halloween Speakeasy! at Grace Vanderbilt
- 6 pm – Teens: Big Kid Storytime at Newport Public Library
- 6:30 pm – Fermentation Class: October Fest at Forty 1 North
- 9 pm – Halloween Hilarity with The Bit Players at The Firehouse Theater
Looking For More Things To Do?