Newport, RI – Here’s a look at the day ahead in Newport, RI.
- Today – Showers likely, mainly between 10 am and 5 pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 60. South wind 6 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tonight – A chance of showers, mainly between 7pm and 9pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 45. Northwest wind 8 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Today – S winds 5 to 10 kt, increasing to 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt this afternoon. Waves 1 to 3 ft. Showers likely.
- Tonight – W winds 10 to 15 kt, becoming NW 5 to 10 kt after midnight. Gusts up to 20 kt. Waves 2 to 3 ft. A chance of showers in the evening.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 54.0°F
Sun, Moon, Tide:
- The sun will rise inNewportat7:07amand sunset will be at5:52pm.
- The firstlow tidewas at12:41 amand the nextlow tidewill be at1:15pm. The firsthigh tidewill be at7:23amand the nexthigh tideat7:42pm.
- Today we will have10 hours and 45 minutesof sun. The solar transit will be at12:29pm.
- The lunar phase is a Waxing Gibbous. Moon age is 13 days, lighting is 97%.
Cruise Ship Schedule
- Wednesday – Crystal Symphony(Capacity: 922 passengers, 545 crew)
- Wednesday – Insignia(Capacity: 824 passengers, 400 crew)
- Friday – NCL Gem (Capacity: 2,394 passengers, 1070 crew)
- Sunday – Victory 1 (Capacity: 202, 84 crew)
Things To Do
- 10 am –35th Beirut Bombing Observance Ceremonyat Portsmouth Historical Society
- 10 am –Groundbreaking ceremonyfor Hammetts Wharf Hotel
- 11 am –Sylviaat The Newport Playhouse & Cabaret Restaurant
- 1 pm – What’sUpNewp Radio on AM 1540 WADK Newport
- 4:45 pm –The Old Man & The Gunat Jane Pickens Theater
- 6 pm – 1st and 2nd Ward City Council Candidate Forum at Newport City Hall
- 6:30 pm –Free Solo: newportFILM screening – 10/23at Casino Theater
- 6:30 pm –Wild Edibles in and Around Newport atNewport Public Library
Looking For More Things To Do?