Newport, RI – Here’s a look at the day ahead in Newport, RI.
- Today – Showers likely, mainly between 10 am and 5 pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 60. South wind 6 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tonight – A chance of showers, mainly between 7pm and 9pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 45. Northwest wind 8 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Today – S winds 5 to 10 kt, increasing to 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt this afternoon. Waves 1 to 3 ft. Showers likely.
- Tonight – W winds 10 to 15 kt, becoming NW 5 to 10 kt after midnight. Gusts up to 20 kt. Waves 2 to 3 ft. A chance of showers in the evening.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 54.0 °F
Sun, Moon, Tide:
- The sun will rise in Newport at 7:07 am and sunset will be at 5:52 pm.
- The first low tide was at 12:41 am and the next low tide will be at 1:15 pm. The first high tide will be at 7:23 am and the next high tide at 7:42 pm.
- Today we will have 10 hours and 45 minutes of sun. The solar transit will be at 12:29 pm.
- The lunar phase is a Waxing Gibbous. Moon age is 13 days, lighting is 97%.
Cruise Ship Schedule
- Wednesday – Crystal Symphony (Capacity: 922 passengers, 545 crew)
- Wednesday – Insignia (Capacity: 824 passengers, 400 crew)
- Friday – NCL Gem (Capacity: 2,394 passengers, 1070 crew)
- Sunday – Victory 1 (Capacity: 202, 84 crew)
Things To Do
- 10 am – 35th Beirut Bombing Observance Ceremony at Portsmouth Historical Society
- 10 am – Groundbreaking ceremony for Hammetts Wharf Hotel
- 11 am – Sylvia at The Newport Playhouse & Cabaret Restaurant
- 1 pm – What’sUpNewp Radio on AM 1540 WADK Newport
- 4:45 pm – The Old Man & The Gun at Jane Pickens Theater
- 6 pm – 1st and 2nd Ward City Council Candidate Forum at Newport City Hall
- 6:30 pm – Free Solo: newportFILM screening – 10/23 at Casino Theater
- 6:30 pm – Wild Edibles in and Around Newport at Newport Public Library
Looking For More Things To Do?