Newport, RI – Here’s a look at what’s up for the day ahead in Newport.
Wednesday, October 17, 2018
- Today – Sunny, with a high near 60. Northwest wind 9 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph.
- Tonight – A slight chance of showers between midnight and 1 am. Partly cloudy, with a low around 39. Breezy, with a northwest wind 16 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Today – W winds 10 to 15 kt, increasing to 15 to 20 kt this afternoon. Gusts up to 30 kt. Waves 3 to 4 ft.
- Tonight – NW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Waves around 3 ft.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 57.9 °F
- The sun rose in Newport at 7:00 am and sunset will be at 6:01 pm.
- The first high tide was at 2:38 am and the next high tide will be at 3:05 pm. The first low tide will be at 7:50 am and the next low tide at 9:31 pm.
- The lunar phase is a First Quarter Moon. Moon age is 8 days, lighting is 51%.
- Wednesday – Royal Princess (Capacity 3,500 passengers)
- Wednesday – Silver Spirit (Capacity: 540 passengers)
- Thursday – Victory 1 (Capacity: 202, 84 crew)
- Friday – Silver Wind (Capacity: 294 passengers, 208 crew)
- Friday – Seven Seas Navigator (Capacity: 490 passengers)
- 9 am – Cybersecurity Careers & Organizational Awareness Half-Day Conf. at Pell Center
- 11 am – Sylvia at The Newport Playhouse & Cabaret Restaurant
- 1 pm – WUN Radio: Musician Kerri Powers
- 3:45 pm – Colette at Jane Pickens Theater
- 5 pm – Taproot + Tunes Weekly Music Series ft. Orange Whip at Newport Vineyards
- 5:30 pm – God, War, and Providence at The Redwood Library
- 7:30 pm – Women’s Adventure Film Tour at Jane Pickens Theater
- What’s Up: Things to do in and around Newport this week (Oct. 9 – 15)
- Listings: Live music and entertainment in Newport County (Oct. 9 – 15)
- Visit – What’sUpNewp’s Events Calendar
Get this information and so much more emailed to you every morning before 8 am, sign up to become a What’sUpNewp Member now!
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)