Representative Lauren Carson (D-Dist. 75, Newport) and Senator Dawn Euer (D-Dist. 13, Newport, Jamestown) will hold a constituent meeting on October 9th to provide information on the three questions that will appear on the statewide ballot in November.
The event will take place Tuesday, Oct. 9, from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m., at the Edward King House, 35 King St., Newport.
The legislators will be joined by guests who will provide information and answer questions about each of the ballot questions:
- Question 1 — $250 million for school construction — General Treasurer Seth Magaziner
- Question 2 — $70 million for higher education facilities — Rhode Island School of Education Interim Co-deans Julie Horwitz and Gerri August
- Question 3 — $47.3 million for green economy and clean water — Save the Bay Director of Advocacy & Policy Topher Hamblett.
“Election Day is drawing near, and no doubt many people have questions about the issues that will appear on the ballot. This event will be an opportunity for our constituents to learn about each proposal from Rhode Islanders who are well-versed in each. It will be a very informative evening,” said Representative Carson in a news release announcing the meeting.
Said Senator Euer said in the news release; “We look forward to lively conversations about these questions. Our goal is not only to connect our constituents with the information they need about these questions, but to also to foster discussion in the community about the need for investments in infrastructure that will help make Rhode Island a better place to live, grow and work.”
The Latest From WUN
- Holidays at the Newport Mansions returns to The Breakers, Marble House, and The Elms starting November 20
- Oakland Forest in Portsmouth will be inducted into the national Old-Growth Forest Network
- Stop & Shop to hold a one-day career fair at all 27 Rhode Island locations
- RI Music Educators call on state, school districts to fund music & arts education
- Wilbury Theatre Group launches Pay-What-You-Can ticket structure for all performances