Two bills are pending in the U.S. Senate and U.S. House of Representatives that would restore disability benefits to hundreds of thousands of Vietnam Veterans suffering from Agent Orange-related illnesses.
WUN’s Frank Prosnitz chats with two Vietnam Veterans on this edition of The Open Forum on AM 1540 WADK Newport who are on a crusade to win benefits for thousands of Vietnam Veterans whose exposure to Agent Orange and other military toxins has caused serious long-term illnesses.
More from What’s Up Newp
- Opinion – Rep. Carson: High stakes of appropriate coastal management
- Edward King House to serve as a new drop-off site for Meals on Wheels
- Newport resident named new VP & Branch Sales Manager at BankNewport’s North Kingstown branch
- Ticket Giveaway: S.G. Goodman Saturday, Oct. 30th at the Newport Casino
- Nor’easter Update: National Grid responding to power outages
- Update: All restrictions lifted on Newport Pell and Jamestown Verrazzano Bridges
- Got storm photos? Send us your pics by 9PM Wednesday
- Obituary: Molly Falconer de Ramel
- Grey Sail Brewing celebrating 10 years
- LIVE BLOG | Rhode Island cancellations, closures, and delays