On this edition of What’sUpNewp Radio on AM 1540 WADK Newport, we hear (and learn) all about Lucy Hearth and hear about their upcoming 7th Annual Fall for Lucy’s Hearth., that will take place at the International Tennis Hall Of Fame on October 25th.
Lucy’s Hearth is a 24-hour emergency and transitional shelter for families and their children who are homeless due to economic hardship, family crisis, divorce, eviction, and a severe shortage of safe, affordable housing. The primary goal is to foster independence and help the residents gain the life skills necessary to prevent future homelessness.
Mark Gorman, Vice Chair of the Board of Directors for Lucy’s Hearth, and Jennifer Barrera, Executive Director of Lucy’s Hearth, were my guests.
For more information on Lucy’s Hearth, visit www.lucyshearth.org.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Motels Rock the Odeum (September 16, 2021)
- 4th Annual Cardines Classic featuring Army versus Navy rescheduled to October 1
- Davis Cup will take place at the International Tennis Hall of Fame this weekend
- What’s Up This Weekend in Newport County: Things to do, live music, and more (Sept. 17 – 19)
- Rhode Island Pop-Punk band Another One Down! releases single + video “Headspace”
- 23 open houses happening this weekend (Sept. 17 – 19)
- X Shore: Swedish electric boating brand opens office at Safe Harbor Newport Shipyard
- Westerly Town Manager quits; Police Chief expected to be appointed interim manager