Newport, RI – The Newport Art Museum has introduced the newest addition to its public programs: Wake + Create! This redesigned program is an evolution of the tremendously successful Second Saturday program, which has engaged families in the galleries every month for nearly 3 years. Now scheduled for one select Saturday
Uniquely curated and based on a theme each month, Wake + Create includes a Guided Close Looking Tour of works in the galleries, followed by engaging art-making activities geared for ages 6-10, their families and caregivers. Wake + Create is just one of the many events and educational programs the Newport Art Museum and the Museum School currently offer in its galleries and studios in Newport.
Begin Saturday morning with us in our new exhibition The Shape of Birds! Join Director of Museum Education Kameko Branchaud in the galleries for family-friendly close looking of contemporary artworks by Middle Eastern and North African artists, before moving into the studio for hands-on art-making inspired by the show. Enjoy a morning designed to inspire young minds and satisfy the curiosity of every member of the family.
FALL 2018 DATES
- OCTOBER 27 | 10:30 am
- NOVEMBER 17 | 10:30 am
- DECEMBER 15 | 10:30 am
Wake + Create is free for Museum Members and youth under 18 and free with paid Museum admission for non-Members.
AT A GLANCE
- DATE: Saturday, October 27, 2018 10:30 am
- REGISTER: https://www.
- LOCATION: Newport Art Museum, 76 Bellevue Ave, Newport RI 02840
- COST: Free for Museum Members and Youth under 18. Free with paid Museum admission for non-Members
For more information, visit www.newportartmuseum.org.
The Latest From WUN
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Sarah Potenza, Elvis Costello and more
- Obituary: Julian C. Clinton
- “Six Picks” Pumpkin Ale – It’s the time of the season
- Holidays at the Newport Mansions returns to The Breakers, Marble House, and The Elms starting November 20
- Oakland Forest in Portsmouth will be inducted into the national Old-Growth Forest Network