(Photo: Artist rendering. The first real look at the new rendering will be available at the kick-off ceremony)
Newport, RI – As you first heard earlier this week on What’sUpNewp Radio Edition on AM 1540 WADK Newport when we were joined by Colin Kane from the Peregrine Group, the time has finally come to break ground on and host a kick-off celebration for the new Hammets Wharf Hotel in downtown Newport.
Hammetts Wharf will be co-located on Newport’s Waterfront with the Newport Yachting Center, the Mooring restaurant, the Smokehouse restaurant, and the Bohlin event venue.
The $29 million construction project will include an upscale 84-room boutique hotel, a 4,000 S.F. waterfront restaurant and 3,000 S.F of retail space fronting America’s Cup Avenue. The project will also create permanent public waterfront access.
The kick-off ceremony will include remarks from Governor Raimondo and Newport Mayor Harry Winthrop as well as a first look at new renderings and a ceremonial firing of a starter cannon marking the beginning of the project.
Who, What, & Where:
- Date: October 23, 2018
- Time: 10 AM
- What: Kick-off new Hammetts Wharf
- Who: Colin Kane, Partner/ Managing Member Hammetts Wharf, LLC, Governor Gina Raimondo, Newport Mayor Harry Winthrop, Sarah Eustis, CEO, Main Street Hospitalities, and Commerce Secretary Stefan Pryor
- Where: 4 Commercial Wharf, Newport, RI 02840
Our Chat About The Hammets Wharf Hotel
Colin Kane, Principal of Peregrine Group, joined me on earlier this week on this edition of What’sUpNewp Radio on WADK 1540AM to tell us more about the hotel, restaurant, retail, and much more.
Tune on in below to hear all about the project;
Tune into What’sUpNewp Radio Edition with Ryan Belmore every weekday at 1 pm on AM 1540 WADK. It’s where to get the scoop on what’s happening, new and to do in Newport County and across Rhode Island. Special guests, interviews, entertainment, commentary and more make this a can’t-miss hour of live and local radio.
More From What’s Up Newp
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author
- International Tennis Hall Of Fame acquires tennis-inspired art collection from Hall of Famer Gianni Clerici
- Mask mandate to be lifted for those fully vaccinated on May 18; most remaining COVID-19 restrictions to be lifted on May 21
- John E. Fogarty Foundation provides more than $175,000 in grants to 31 organizations across Rhode Island
- Obituary: Berit M. Hattendorf