Photo: Daffodils along the Cliff Walk near Salve Regina University
Newport, RI – Daffodillion, a civic beautification effort to plant one million daffodils around Newport, will be distributing free “Dutch Master” daffodil bulbs at two locations this weekend:
- Saturday, October 20, from 9-noon: Easton’s Beach Rotunda
- Friday, October 19, 4-7pm and Saturday, October 20, noon – 5 pm: Newport Visitor’s Center, for all who register for the Pell Bridge Run on Sunday, 10/21.
The bulbs come two dozen to a bag – a $20 value.
Newport RI’s Daffodillion Campaign has the daffy idea of planting 1,000,000 daffodils throughout to celebrate renewal, beauty, and livability in every neighborhood. To date, 867,5000 daffodils have been purchased, donated and planted by volunteers and the city of Newport.
For more information go to Daffodillion.com or email Daffodllion@cox.net.
More From What’s Up Newp
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author
- International Tennis Hall Of Fame acquires tennis-inspired art collection from Hall of Famer Gianni Clerici
- Mask mandate to be lifted for those fully vaccinated on May 18; most remaining COVID-19 restrictions to be lifted on May 21
- John E. Fogarty Foundation provides more than $175,000 in grants to 31 organizations across Rhode Island
- Obituary: Berit M. Hattendorf