It was a jam-packed Friday edition of What’sUpNewp Radio on AM 1540 WADK Newport.
Jonathan Perry, Owner of Newport Playhouse & Cabaret Restaurant, and actor Michael Johnson stopped by the show for the first thirty minutes to chat about all that’s happening at the Playhouse and “There’s A Burglar In My Bed”, which opens tonight.
Those Guys, a cover band that started in Newport in 1996, is in the Grand Finale of 2018 Foxwoods Resort Casino-Battle Of The Bands (the only band from RI) and has the chance to win the competition and $10,000 on Saturday. Lead singer John Halloran checked into the show from about 1:30 pm to 1:45 pm.
At this Sunday’s Red Sox game, God Bless America and The National Anthem will be sung by Rhode Islander’s, who are also members of the same family. Collin Van Pelt and Erika Van Pelt joined me around 1:50 pm to share how the opportunity came together and what they are looking forward to.
Tune into What’sUpNewp Radio Edition with Ryan Belmore every weekday at 1 pm on AM 1540 WADK. It’s where to get the scoop on what’s happening, new and to do in Newport County and across Rhode Island. Special guests, interviews, entertainment, commentary and more make this a can’t-miss hour of live and local radio.
More From What’s Up Newp
- What Sold: 25 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 10 – 17)
- Common Fence Music to present Dedicated Men of Zion in streaming concert
- Whalers Brewing Company to give a free keg of beer to every bar and restaurant in Rhode Island
- This Day in RI History: May 18, 1652 – Rhode Island becomes the first colony to pass an anti-slavery law
- Now Hiring: 125+ job opportunities available right now