I took over the WADK airwaves as host of The Open Forum and What’sUpNewp Radio Edition on Wednesday, it was a jam-packed two hours of fun and information.
The Open Forum (12 pm to 1 pm)
Is it the Endeavour? Archaeologists believe they have found Capt. Cook’s Vessel in Newport Harbor and it has put Newport on the national news headline circuit today. We chat all about it – what’s true, what’s real and what has been discovered.
Andrea Carneiro from the Preservation Society of Newport County, checked in to let us know what tix are still available for this weekend’s Newport Mansions Wine & Food Festival.
Tim Towey joined me on the program just before we wrapped up The Open Forum and for all of What’sUpNewp Radio Edition.
What’sUpNewp Radio Edition (1 pm to 2 pm)
Doreen LePage joined us to chat about the PFLAG chapter opening in our area.
Betsy Akin from Child & Family called in to give us all the delicious details on the 35th Annual Taste of Newport to benefit Child & Family.
More From What’s Up Newp
- Newport Polo’s 20th annual charity gala will benefit Jeffrey Osborne Foundation
- Preservation Society of Newport County receives prestigious award from Garden Club of America
- What’s Up This Weekend in Newport County: May 14 – 16
- Beavertail Lighthouse, Watch Hill Lighthouse are being given away for free
- CDC: If you’re fully vaccinated, you do not need to wear a mask – indoors or outdoors, in most settings