Providence, RI – Day One, “the only agency in Rhode Island organized specifically to deal with issues of sexual assault as a community concern”, has announced the expansion of their clinical services as of September 1st. In looking at the need throughout the state, Day One has opened satellite clinical offices in Newport and Washington Counties to provide trauma-focused clinical services in these locations.
Every 107 seconds, another American is sexually abused, according to Day One who say that over the past year requests for services have increased exponentially throughout the state. Prior to opening satellite offices, clients throughout the state needed to travel to their main office in Providence. “Recognizing a need for expanded services and responding to the data, we are now able to meet many of our clients closer to home, making therapy more accessible to clients in need throughout the state,” says JoAnne Waite, Director of Clinical Services at Day One in a press release on FRiday.
Through a partnership with the Newport County YMCA and the Ocean Community YMCA, Day One is able to meet with clients right in their communities. Day One currently has two clinicians at the Newport County YMCA located at 792 Valley Road, Middletown, RI. Appointments are available on Thursdays and Saturdays. “The Newport County YMCA cares about the physical and mental wellness of our community. Day One provides an important service and the Y is very happy to open our doors to them. We welcome any organization that benefits the well-being of Newport County”, Shannon D’Eramo, COO, Newport County YMCA.
Day One also has one clinician available at the Westerly-Pawcatuck Branch located at 95 High Street, Westerly, RI on Tuesdays. Tim Babcock, VP of Operations at the Ocean Community YMCA states, “We are grateful for the opportunity to partner with Day One in supporting their important and impactful work throughout the state. We look forward to helping make a difference in our part of the state.”
To make an appointment at either of these locations, or the main office at 100 Medway Street, Providence, RI, people can call Day One’s main office at 401-421-4100.
For more information about Day One, visit www.DayOneRI.org.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill