On this edition of What’sUpNewp Radio, we looked ahead at a few events that are taking place this weekend in Newport.
Tim Towey and I were first joined by Jennifer Whelihan from Newport County YMCA, she gave us all the details on this weekend’s Race4Chase at Fort Adams. On Sunday, August 12, 2018, from 10 AM to 2 PM, the Newport County YMCA, Fort Adams Trust and the CMAK Foundation, will host an affordable, family end of summer celebration called “Chasing Summer” at Fort Adams. The event is the celebration of the Y’s Race4Chase Kids Triathlon Program. Every YMCA in Rhode Island will be represented at the event. There will be music, food, games and plenty of fun!
Rupert Nesbitt, Event Chair of Wet Paint, joined us next to chat about the 25th Annual Wet Paint that is taking place this weekend at Newport Art Museum and throughout Newport. Wet Paint is a weekend-long community art-fest drawing visitors from across New England in celebration of regional artists. Participating artists spend the day creating art and bring their completed “wet” works back to the Museum to be installed in the Ilgenfritz Gallery. Bidding begins at Saturday evening’s Preview Party, continues into Sunday, and culminates with a live auction of a juried selection of diverse images on Sunday afternoon.
Tune into What’sUpNewp Radio Edition with Ryan Belmore every weekday at 1 pm on AM 1540 WADK. It’s where to get the scoop on what’s happening, new and to do in Newport County and across Rhode Island. Special guests, interviews, entertainment, commentary and more make this a can’t-miss hour of live and local radio.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts