Our 2018 season and 100th season of George Donnelly Sunset League baseball has come to a conclusion with the Brother’s Baseball Club capturing the title.
I would first off like to thank my beautiful wife Michele for her continued support of what I do, she is the bedrock behind the scenes of the league. Secondly thank you’s go out to all the managers, players and umpires and Ethan and Aiden my two assistants. Without all of you the league would not be celebrating one hundred seasons.
I have had the great opportunity to meet some wonderful people during this past season. Everyone from tourists visiting our beautiful ballpark to Sunset League alumni, It is truly an honor to run this league. We are certainly in a good place and look forward to many more seasons down on the corner of Thames and West Marlboro.
Chris La Rose
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts