Congressional and defense industry leaders will visit Newport from 27 August through 29 August for a sold-out event focusing on the future of innovation and technology in the defense arena.
Hosted by the Southeastern New England Defense Industry Alliance (SENEDIA), the 5th Annual Defense Innovation Days’ event will bring policymakers and industry representatives together to discuss new trends within the defense arena and technologies being developed and deployed to military forces across the globe. There will be over 350 attendees as well as 27 organizations exhibiting their leading-edge technology.
Key speakers during the three-day event are: Senator Jack Reed (RI); James “Hondo” Geurts, Assistant Secretary of the Navy, Research, Development and Acquisition; Vice Admiral William Merz, Deputy Chief of Naval Operations; Vice Admiral David Johnson, Principal Military Deputy ASNRDA; Dr. Eric Evans, Director, MIT Lincoln Laboratory; Dr. Mark Abbott, President, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution; and more.
Senator Jack Reed (pictured above) and James “Hondo” Geurts, Assistant Secretary of the Navy, Research, Development, and Acquisition, will provide opening remarks on Monday, August 27th.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso