Representative Lauren Carson (D-Dist. 75, Newport) has announced that she will hold a constituent meeting Wednesday, July 11, at 6 pm at the Newport Public Library, 300 Spring St., Newport.
The meeting is an open-ended conversation with constituents, with a focus on the recently concluded legislative session. All House District 75 residents are welcome. (Visit vote.sos.ri.gov to determine your district and see a list of the elected officials who represent you.)
“Constituent meetings are important to me because they help me gauge the interests of the people I represent, what their concerns are, and what they would like me to advocate for on their behalf. This one is also a good opportunity for me to provide information and answer questions about the 2018 legislative session that just ended and the key pieces of legislation that have been enacted,” said Representative Carsons in a press release on Thursday.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13