Ray Harrington, winner of the Los Angeles Comedy Festival, brings his irreverent and improvisational comedy to the Newport Playhouse at 102 Connell Highway, Newport, opening the theater’s comedy series at 8 p.m., Thursday (July 19).
Harrington headlines an evening that also features Rob Greene, a semi-finalist at Boston’s Comedy Festival, and Marie Forster, a Rhode Island comic with a unique outlook on everything from marriage, relationships and personal introspection, who will serve as the host for the evening.
Greene joined WUN’s Frank Prosnitz on this edition of The Open Forum on AM 1540 WADK to discuss the upcoming show and the new series at the Newport Playhouse.
Tickets are $20 and can be purchased in advance at www.newportplayhouse.com or 401-848-7529. Tickets are also available at the door. Doors open at 7 p.m., with food and beverage available. Show starts at 8.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals