ALS (Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis), also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease, has long been viewed as among the most devastating conditions for both the afflicted and his or her family. Mary Murphy and Mary Frances Vesey, both of whom lost husbands to ALS, witnessing the courage, strength, bravery and determination of their husbands, and also demonstrating that same courage, strength, bravery and determination as caregivers for those they cherished.
Both joined Frank in this episode of The Open Forum on AM 1540 WADK Newport in advance of an Evening of Hope, a major event of the Rhode Island ALS Chapter, scheduled for June 22.
The Latest From WUN
- What’s Up This Weekend: Heart & Sole Walk for Animals, Goat Hikes, Barks & Brews, and more
- Obituary: Gardiner Lee Sherman
- The Minks coming to Askew Thursday, October 21
- Irish immigrant women in domestic service topic of upcoming lecture
- Foiling Kiteboarder slashes 1 minute and 14 seconds off Around Jamestown Record