What’sUpNewp has confirmed that Taproot Brewing Co. will open on Wednesday, June 20th in Middletown.
As What’sUpNewp first reported last week, the Nunes family are opening Taproot Brewing Co. on the same site as their Newport Vineyards and Brix restaurant in Middletown.
“I’ve been making beer longer than I’ve been making wine,” said Newport Vineyards owner John Nunes in a press release on Tuesday afternoon. The Nunes family has spent the last 23 years perfecting the art of winemaking in Middletown. “Over the last few years Newport Vineyards has transformed into a beverage, culinary and events destination; adding craft beer was a natural fit,” said Nunes.
Taproot Brewing Co. is equipped with a state-of-the-art seven-barrel brewhouse, located just as you enter through the main entrance of the winery. Taproot Brewing’s focus will be “unfiltered hop-forward beers made in small batches and meant to be enjoyed immediately for the ultimate freshness”, according to the press release. There is an in-house canning system allowing guests to take packs of beer home with them.
Taproot beer will be on tap at Brix Restaurant, and available to all guests at the winery. Vineyard Executive Chef Andy Teixeira is very enthusiastic about the brewing venture being integral to his work, “We are working with some of our farm partners to donate the spent grain from the brewery for compost and feed.” Lunch will be served at the brewery, with views overlooking the winery and vineyards, offering a slight twist to the current lunch menu to include beer pairings, in addition to wine pairing options.
The Taproot name not only represents the obvious nod to the Nunes family vineyard roots, but also symbolizes their history rooted in Aquidneck Island agriculture. The vineyard is situated on preserved farmland that has been in the Nunes family for over 100 years. Just as a taproot anchors a plant to the ground encouraging more roots to stem from it, the family’s rich farming roots have inspired other elements of the company to grow.
All are welcome to attend Taproot’s Grand Opening Party on Wednesday, June 20th, 5 pm – 8 pm. For more information and to RSVP, click here and select June 20th on the calendar.
For more details, visit www.newportvineyards.com.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Motels Rock the Odeum (September 16, 2021)
- 4th Annual Cardines Classic featuring Army versus Navy rescheduled to October 1