On Saturday, June 16th at 5 pm, Scotland returns to Newport Polo for its 13th campaign against the USA at the polo grounds at Glen Farm, home of the NBC10 Newport International Polo Series 27, Presented by BMW.
The 6-chukker exhibition polo match will mount the USA, looking to even the record of wins against rival Scotland, for a duration of approximately 2 hours. The match will conclude with a Veuve Clicquot Champagne trophy presentation, autograph signing and après polo Scottish Stovie dinner celebration (sold separately, by advanced reservation).
Returning for Scotland will be Jamie Douglas Sr., James Douglas Jr., Hiro Suzuki and Mike Christopherson. “Polo is an international sport, played in over 80 countries around the globe, and we are honored to have teams traveling great distances to play in Newport,” stated Dan Keating, captain of the USA squad. A following of Scottish fans from throughout the region will be in attendance at the match, wearing kilts and waving ‘the Saltire’ St. Andrews cross in lively support of their fellow countrymen.
Official team headquarters will be at Grace Vanderbilt, renown for superior guest accommodations and Michelin rated restaurant, spa and desirable Newport harbor address. A Tartan Shindig on the eve of the match welcomes supporters to the hotel’s garden patio by RSVP.
Tickets to the match ($15 for General Admission and $25 for Pavilion seating) are available online at www.nptpolo.com.
The Latest From WUN
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million
- On the market for a new home? Check out these 29 open houses happening this weekend
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Popovic, Nelson, and a Legend