At a Special meeting of the Newport Democratic City Committee on June 19, 2018, the following Democratic Candidates for public office were endorsed:
- U. S. Senate Sheldon Whitehouse
- U.S. Congress David N. Cicilline
- Governor Gina Raimondo
- Lt. Governor Aaron Regunberg
- Secretary of State Nellie Gorbea
- General Treasurer Seth Magaziner
- Attorney General Peter Neronha
- State Senate, District 12 Louis Di Palma
- State Senate, District 13 Dawn Euer
- State Representative, District 73 Marvin Abney
- State Representative, District 75 Lauren Carson
The Newport Democratic City Committee believes that these Slate of Candidates are most qualified and ready to serve the citizens of Rhode Island and Newport with distinction and effectiveness.
“They have demonstrated their concern about the wide range of issues that are most important to all people. They are committed to improving our economy, our schools, and our environment. Their dedication to public service is in evidence in the work they have done on our behalf,” a press release from the committee states.
“NDCC urges the voters of the City of Newport to support these candidates in the September Primary, where applicable, and in the November Election. We all realize how much is at stake with the dubious, oftentimes, outrageous, manner in which the Trump Administration has attempted to govern. Our message must be crystal clear: These disgraceful, cruel, arrogant, insensitive, unconstitutional policies and procedures will not be tolerated,” states the committee.
“The Democratic Party has a long and distinguished history of promoting such programs as Social Security, Medicare, GI Bill, Civil Rights Act, Voting Rights Act, Fair Housing Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, Head Start, Small Business Administration Act, the Affordable Healthcare Care Act, Pell Grants, Clean Air Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, and Freedom of Information Act,” the committee concludes.
- Clement Cicilline
The Latest From WUN
- Obituary: Elizabeth Marion (Matter) Chambers
- Best-selling author Ann Hood hosts ‘The Writing Life’ public talk at Salve Regina on Oct. 30
- Brown University to significantly expand financial aid and college access
- What’s Up This Week: Hocus Pocus, Tour de Fright, Halloween festivities, and much more
- Bowzer’s Rock ‘N’ Doo-Wop Party 20th Anniversary coming to Mohegan Sun Jan. 16