Time is running out to take advantage of the local discount for tickets to the Newport Jazz Festival presented by Natixis Investment Manager, so head to the Newport Visitors Information Center by Wednesday, July 4.
Discount tickets are just $50 for General Admission to the concerts at Fort Adams State Park on Friday, August 3, and $60 on Saturday, August 4, and Sunday, August 5. This special discount for local residents and visitors to Newport is not available online.
Beginning Thursday, July 5, single-day tickets for Friday will be $65 in advance and $75 at the gate. Tickets for Saturday and Sunday will be $79 in advance and then $89 on festival days, if available.
Newport Festivals Foundation, Inc.’s local ticket and information office, located at 770 Aquidneck Avenue in Middletown, opens on July 5. Office hours are Tuesday through Friday, Noon – 6:00 pm, and Saturday, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm. The office accepts cash, checks, and all major credit cards.
Tickets will be available at the local office for all Newport Jazz Festival events, while supplies last, including the Friday opening night concert at the International Tennis Hall of Fame at the Newport Casino.
The following Newport Jazz Festival tickets will be sold at both the Foundation’s local office and the Visitors Information Center while supplies last:
- General Admission single and multi-day tickets for concerts at Fort Adams
- $20 Student tickets for concerts at the Fort. High school students older than 15 and college students must use the Student Gate and present valid ID to enter the festival. Students without valid ID will be directed to the Box Office to pay the difference of a General Admission ticket.
All single and multi-day tickets can be purchased online at www.newportjazz.org. Service charges apply for all online purchases. Visit www.discovernewport.org for Newport Visitors Information Center office hours.
Tickets to the Newport Folk Festival, which takes place at Fort Adams the previous weekend, July 27 – 29, are sold out.
The 2018 Newport Jazz Festival presented by Natixis Investment Managers takes place August 3 – 5 at Fort Adams State Park and the International Tennis Hall of Fame at the Newport Casino. Artists include Charles Lloyd’s 80th Birthday Celebration with three different bands; Pat Metheny with Antonio Sanchez, Linda May Han Oh, & Gwilym Simcock; Andra Day; George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic; Jon Batiste; R+R=NOW; Alicia Olatuja; Michel Camilo; Grace Kelly; Laurie Anderson & Christian McBride Improvisations with special guest Rubin Kodheli; and Roy Hargrove. For the complete line-up, tickets and more information, visit www.newportjazz.org or e-mailjazztickets@newportfestivals. org.
The Latest From WUN
- Bowzer’s Rock ‘N’ Doo-Wop Party 20th Anniversary coming to Mohegan Sun Jan. 16
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “Dune”
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Minks rock Askew (October 21, 2021)
- New behavioral health pharmacy in EBCAP to serve those with mental health and addiction issues
- Newport Art Museum to present “Newport: The City as a Work of Art” lecture series with John R. Tschirch