The Newport Department of Utilities, Water Pollution Control Division, engineers announced on Monday via a press release that they are finalizing the construction documents for the “installation of a tide gate structure in Storer Park on the 48 inch Bridge Street storm drain prior to the outfall into Newport Harbor”.
A public meeting is scheduled to provide an overview of the upcoming construction project before it is advertised for construction bids, according to the release.
City staff and engineers from Wright-Pierce will be available to review the project and answer any questions on Monday, June 25th at 6 pm at Storer Park on Washington Street.
The rain date for the public informational meeting is Tuesday, June 26th at 6:00 pm. Contact the Department of Utilities at 401-845-5600 for further information.
The Latest From WUN
- New behavioral health pharmacy in EBCAP to serve those with mental health and addiction issues
- Newport Art Museum to present “Newport: The City as a Work of Art” lecture series with John R. Tschirch
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Sarah Potenza, Elvis Costello and more
- Obituary: Julian C. Clinton
- “Six Picks” Pumpkin Ale – It’s the time of the season