Hotel Viking will unveil a totally refreshed Top of Newport, their rooftop bar and kitchen, in early July – just in time for 4th of July festivities!
Boasting 360-degree views of Newport, in addition, to live music, rotating events and fresh seafood dishes compliments of Chef Simone Ferrara, the spacious rooftop bar will feature completely new furnishings with a chic New England feel. Updates will include several fire pits to complement chilly summer nights, large communal tables for group imbibing, and comfortable sofas and sectionals for lounging with friends.
To celebrate the launch of the newly revamped space, Top of Newport will be featuring a variety of specials and entertainment on the 4th of July:
- The Viking Clam Chowder – a bowl of chowder with lobster, scallops and clams
- Lobster & Corn – steamed 1-1/4 lbs. of Newport lobster, corn on the cob, herb drawn butter and a side of purple cabbage slaw
- House Smoked BBQ Ribs – rubbed and smoked pork ribs, mashed potatoes and smoked demi-glace, green onion
- Rhode Island Stuffies – two cherrystone clams, Spanish chorizo, bell peppers, served with baby lettuce
- Apple Crunch & French Vanilla Gelato – house made apple pie, vanilla gelato, caramel crunch
According to Hotel Viking, guests can also indulge in a variety of dishes from the new menu at Top of Newport, including a caviar board, an abundance of raw seafood options, cheese & charcuterie boards, local crab bonbons, and a Spanish octopus salad. Unique cocktails like the Bee’s Knees with gin, honey, lemon and Bolivar bitters and a Ciao, Newport with rum, Aperol, cherries, lime and orange bitters will also be available to enjoy.
Top of Newport is open Monday thru Thursday from 2 pm to 10 pm, Friday and Saturday from 11 am to 10 pm, and on Sunday from 11 am to 8 pm.
For more information on Top of Newport, visit http://www.hotelviking.com/dining/top-of-newport.