Newport Art Museum’s Art After Dark is back on Thursday, May 10 from 5 – 9 pm. Each Art After Dark has unique programming for the whole family. This event joins the ranks of the many events and educational programs the Museum currently offers in its galleries at 76 Bellevue Avenue, Newport. Admission to Art After Dark is free for Museum members and is a $10 suggested donation for non-members.
This month, Art After Dark says “YES, you May!” Visitors are invited to explore the newly curated permanent collection pieces on exhibit in the Museum’s Damon Gallery, enjoy the Museum filled with music as we welcome the 3rd annual year-end Spring Concert by accomplished student musicians and singers from Portsmouth Abbey School, and magical performances of the original miniature Victorian-style Toy Theater play “The Clockmaker” by Newport artists Rupert Nesbitt and Rebecca Kelly in the Library. Museum Art School instructor Peter Dickison will lead hands-on painting demonstrations in the gallery where guests can learn basic oil painting techniques. As with each month’s Art After Dark, Gallery Games, refreshments and a cash bar will be available.
Held on the second Thursday of each month, Art After Dark features artful programs, talks, film screenings, gallery games, music, drinks and inspired conversation. Each Art After Dark is unique and full of new adventures. Make a night of it at Art After Dark: Gallery Games, art making, light snacks, cash bar and sparkling conversation await!
For more information, visit www.newportartmusuem.org.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now