Mary Ann Sorrentino, the former head of Rhode Island’s Planned Parenthood, and longtime advocate for women’s rights, joined WUN’s Ryan Belmore and Frank Prosnitz in advance of a press conference later in the week (on Thursday) at which she and others will advocate for passage of legislation in Rhode Island that would make Roe V. Wade the law in Rhode Island.
Mary Ann weaves together stories from Ireland, where abortion has just been legalized and from Rhode Island, in fear of the “nightmare” women “will surely face” if the Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade, which became the national law 45 years ago.
Listen to The Open Forum with WUN’s Frank Prosnitz every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 12 pm to 1 pm on AM 1540 WADK Newport.
The Latest From WUN
- Weather Alert: High Wind Warning issued for the region – Storm arrives Tuesday
- Obituary: Elizabeth Marion (Matter) Chambers
- Best-selling author Ann Hood hosts ‘The Writing Life’ public talk at Salve Regina on Oct. 30
- Brown University to significantly expand financial aid and college access
- What’s Up This Week: Hocus Pocus, Tour de Fright, Halloween festivities, and much more