The Rhode Island Turnpike and Bridge Authority (RITBA) has provided the following construction report and travel advisory for the Sakonnet River Bridge.
As announced in March, RITBA has started concrete repairs to bridge parapets, while ongoing demolition of the old Sakonnet River Bridge is underway with RIDOT.
As part of this project, starting Monday, May 21st through Friday, May 25th the bike lane on the Bridge will be closed between the hours of 6 a.m. and 4 p.m.The bike lane will be open to bike and pedestrian traffic the weekends of May 19th and May 26th.
To stay up to date and receive the latest on construction activity and real-time traffic, visit RITBA’s site at RITBA.org. This site provides the latest information concerning lane closures, construction activities and traffic delays for the Newport Pell, Jamestown Verrazzano, Mount Hope and Sakonnet River Bridges, in addition to the RT 138 Connector.
For more information and updates from RITBA, visit www.ritba.org.
The Latest From WUN
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million
- On the market for a new home? Check out these 29 open houses happening this weekend
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Popovic, Nelson, and a Legend