The biggest news in the gubernatorial race has not just been the financials, but how many people are running for the seat, the decision by former Democratic Secretary of State to switch from running for governor as an independent to running in the Democratic primary, and what the candidates have had to say.
Frank Prosnitz and I have sat down for more than 45 minutes with seven of the nine candidates so far this campaign season on The Open Forum and What’sUpNewp Radio Edition on AM 1540 WADK Newport. We’ve taken those live conversations and turned them into podcasts. These provide an opportunity for you to hear and compare for yourself where the candidates stand on important statewide and local issues.
We expect to have all the candidates back with us again one or two more times before the primary in September and general election in November.
Click on the link to be brought to the audio of our conversation with each candidate.
- Scott Brown (Interview scheduled for May 1st, rescheduled by Brown for 12 pm on May 8th on The Open Forum on AM 1540 WADK )
- Spencer Dickinson
- Governor Gina Raimondo (No response to our invite at this time)
- Paul Roselli
The Latest From WUN
- The Minks coming to Askew Thursday, October 21
- Irish immigrant women in domestic service topic of upcoming lecture
- Foiling Kiteboarder slashes 1 minute and 14 seconds off Around Jamestown Record
- Living History Event brings re-enactors, spectators to Butts Hill Fort
- Opinion: Portsmouth voters must reject Question 2