Newport Mental Health recently hired Jason Dana Costa as its Chief Finance and Administrative Officer Costa, who resides in New Bedford, has worked for several charitable organizations, including his most recent employment as Chief Operating Office for T1D Exchange, an organization that conducts research to accelerate therapies and improve care in Type 1 Diabetes patients and caregivers.
“We’re pleased to have Jason on board and believe he will be a key driving force, helping us manage funding programs and day-to-day finances,” said CEO and President Jamie Lehane of Newport Mental Health.
In addition, Costa’s previous employment has included the Director of Finance for Historic New England, the oldest and largest preservation organization in the country. He also served as the Director of Finance and Administration for the U.S. Dream Academy, a Maryland-based nonprofit organization that works to help children break the cycle of inter-generational incarceration through educational and experiential programs.
Costa holds a Bachelor of Science degree in accounting as well as MBA from the University of Massachusetts.
The Latest From WUN
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million
- On the market for a new home? Check out these 29 open houses happening this weekend
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Popovic, Nelson, and a Legend