The Portsmouth Prevention Coalition and the Newport County Prevention Coalition will host “A Community Conversation on Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment” with Governor Gina Raimondo, Congressman Patrick Kennedy, and others in the Town Council Chambers at Portsmouth Town Hall on Saturday, May 5th from 11:30 am to 1 pm.
“This will be a conversation with concerned citizens and professionals about the issues of this very important topic for our communities and this state and what we can do about it. This is open to the public and we welcome and urge you (the public) to attend,” Ray Davis, Coordinator for Portsmouth Prevention Coalition and Assistant Director Newport County Prevention Coalition, shared with What’sUpNewp.
Portsmouth Town Hall is located at 2200 E. Main Street in Portsmouth.
The Portsmouth Prevention Coalition is a coalition of community members interested in coordinating and designing strategies addressing tobacco, alcohol and other drug abuse with the primary goal of reducing youth substance abuse and overall substance abuse rates to help create a healthy, responsible and safe community.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island on Wednesday
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits
- Pell Bridge to transition to all-electronic tolling on October 27
- The Reef set to host inaugural Savor Newport Wine and Food Fest
- RI Hospitality Association’s 18th Annual Economic Outlook Breakfast predicts continued recovery in 2022
- Obituary: Peter J. O’Connell
- Concert Recap and Photos: George Thorogood at Indian Ranch (September 19, 2021)
- Obituary: Arthur Bennett Shattuck