Representatives of People’s Credit Union and General Treasurer, Seth Magaziner, recently visited Steel Giraffe owner, Stephen Kelly.
Located in Portsmouth, RI, Steel Giraffe is a company that specializes in crane rentals, rigging, custom fabrication, and dock work and is a participant of Treasurer Magaziner’s community deposit program, BankLOCAL.
“People’s Credit Union is a proud partner of in the BankLOCAL program and helped Steel Giraffe with their small business lending needs” a press release from People’s Credit Union announcing the partnership said.
“The BankLOCAL community deposit program has moved up to $30 million in state deposits to local banks and credit unions since its launch in 2017 and has helped more than 200 Rhode Island small businesses such as Steel Giraffe”, according to People’s Credit Union. “The goal of the program is to support local financial institutions as they lend to small businesses in the Ocean State. State deposits are made locally to support qualifying loans made by participating financial institutions”.
More information about the program is available HERE.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now