Rep. Lauren H. Carson (D-Dist. 75, Newport), House Finance Committee Chairman Marvin L. Abney (D-Dist. 73, Newport, Middletown) and Sen. Dawn Euer (D-Dist. 13, Newport, Jamestown) will join Congressman David N. Cicilline (D-Dist. 1, R.I.) Saturday on a tour of retail businesses in Newport.
The tour, arranged by the Newport County Chamber of Commerce, will begin Saturday, May 5, at 12:15 pm on Bannister’s Wharf, where the legislators will visit the Newport Mansions Store at 1 America’s Cup Ave. They will move to Bowen’s Wharf at12:30 p.m. where they will visit Anchor Toffee, Soap & Water, Sail Loft, Diego’s and Wharf Pub.
At 1:15 pm, they will move to Thames Street to visit Helly Hanson at 154 Thames St. and Brooks Brothers at 139 Swinburne Row. The tour will conclude at Bellevue Avenue, where they will visit A Market, 181 Bellevue Ave., and Papers, 178 Bellevue Ave., beginning at 1:45 pm.
“The warm weather is finally here, and we’re all hopeful that this will be a very successful season for retailers in Newport, particularly with the influx of visitors we are expecting beginning next week for the Volvo Ocean Race. We look forward to meeting with small business leaders and talking about their hopes and concerns,” said Representative Carson.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Newport Polo to host USA versus Mexico on Saturday
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune
- Apple Picking Season has arrived! “Six Picks” Orchards in Newport County and beyond
- Jamestown Arts Center seeks artist submissions for ‘RAW: Reassessment and Wonder’
- National Data shows an increase in child poverty and uninsured children
- 24th International Seapower Symposium taking place at Naval War College this week
- Obituary: Anne S. Gadoury