Clean Ocean Access (COA) hosted a cleanup at Stringham Road with support and participation from Portsmouth Maritime, Portsmouth Refit, LMI, Ocean Link, Rail Explorers, Hinckley, Cay, New England Boatworks, S&S, East Coast Yacht Sales, Doug Wielhouwer, Northstar Yacht Sales, Kiwi Marine, Gulf Stream Grille and the Navy officers from the supply support team from Naval Station Newport.
30 volunteers came together to remove approximately 700 pounds of debris from Stringham Road. Among the debris were car and motorcycle tires, metal pipes and a toaster oven. We are excited to continue this long lasting stewardship effort with the marine trade industry in Portsmouth at Stringham Road.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13