The Antiques Roadshow visited Newport last September to film its first-ever outdoors show at Rosecliff.
Part 1 of the 3 part series filmed in Newport aired on PBS last Monday (May 14th). Watch the episode 1 here – Watch: Antiques Roadshow – Newport, Hour 1
Part 2 of the filming will be televised on Monday, May 21st at 8 pm. In episode 2, viewers will “learn about antique and vintage treasures as they are appraised in a Gilded Age mansion. ROADSHOW travels to Rosecliff for finds including a Fabergé jade snuff bottle made around 1890, a Basquiat oil stick drawing, and a General Wharton Civil War archive. Which is valued at $400,000?
Part 3 will air on Monday, May 28th at 8 pm.The final episdoe will “celebrate as ANTIQUES ROADSHOW wraps up its groundbreaking visit to Rosecliff mansion with even more treasures in “Newport, Hour 3” including a Tiffany & Co. sapphire and diamond ring, a Boston bureau table made around 1770, and M.C. Escher lithographs. Find out which is appraised for $100,000!”
For more information on the Antiques Roadshow, visit https://www.wgbh.org/antiques-roadshow.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13
- Guest View – Sean O’Connor: Importance of Pride all year
- Home on Chastellux Avenue in Newport sells for $7.1 million
- Frank Prosnitz: My Jazz Festival’s Top Picks
- Gerry Goldstein: Word horseplay draws some pun-gent responses